The School Milk Program supports your school!
In addition to regular program rewards, registered schools are also eligible to participate in other special School Milk events such as:
Milk Spirit Week
Food and fun go hand in hand! What better way to celebrate healthy eating and active living than with Milk Spirit Week? Dairy Farmers of Manitoba would like to offer your school the opportunity to celebrate. Help keep healthy eating top of mind, keep your school spirit alive, and have fun doing it!
You can design the week anyway you like. All we ask is:
- In December complete the online application form to be one of the first 200 schools to apply. Please note: Only the first 200 schools to apply will be eligible! Registration closes after 200 applicants have been accepted. If you qualify, a confirmation letter will be forwarded following receipt of your application.
- You can run your Milk Spirit Week anytime between February and the end of June.
- Three events during your week must be related to milk in some way. Please refer to the Ideas and Activities Booklet.
Have fun planning your Milk Spirit Week!
Celebrating 15 & 30 years with the School Milk Program
Each year schools celebrating 15 or 30 consecutive years with the School Milk Program are rewarded for their commitment to healthy eating. A letter acknowledging the school’s achievement is sent to the school division superintendent and/or school trustees of celebrating schools. Anniversary schools are rewarded with a certificate of achievement as well as milk rewards for milk coordinators, assistants, and the entire student body.
List of schools celebrating 15 and 30 year anniversaries in 2017-18 school year, click here
Milk Moovers make it happen!
Milk Moovers are special people who make your school’s Milk Program a success. Each year schools are given the opportunity to recognize and reward their Milk Movers with the help of the School Milk Program.
Past nominations for Magnificent Milk Moover include:
- milk delivery people
- student helpers
- parent volunteers
- cafeteria operators/managers
- local businesses/grocery stores
Help us honour those who go above and beyond to give your school a fantastic milk program. Nominate your Magnificent Milk Moover! Nomination deadline is March 22, 2019.