Smoothie Making Station Grant
Hosting a health fair?
The School Milk Program wants to help your school celebrate nutrition!
Highlight a powerful bone building snack at your student health fair by including a “Smoothie Making Station”. Here, students can learn how to include milk in a simple, but satisfying snack.
Apply to the School Milk Program to receive up to a $100 grant for your Smoothie Making Station. At this school staff led station, students will be invited to participate in helping make a smoothie and samples will be available for all students to try. Only 10 School Milk Program Smoothie Making Station grants are available per year. Requests are considered on a first come first serve basis.
Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email from the School Milk Program. Grant money will only be provided following the event, upon submitting proof of receipt for the smoothie station groceries and sample cups.
• Your school must currently be on the School Milk Program (SMP).
• School must have a student population greater than 100 students. Smaller schools interested in applying, please contact us.
• SMP Smoothie Making Station must be a school based activity (accessible to all students within the school). For classroom smoothie grants please visit https://nuton.ca/program/powerful-bones-mini-grant/
• Milk and yogurt must be included in the recipe (an exception is permitted for a dairy free batch for a student(s) who is allergic to dairy. All other batches must include milk and yogurt. Schools are required to notify SMP of any dairy substitutions.). For an example smoothie recipe, click here.
• Grant money may not be used to purchase equipment – only groceries and sampling cups.
• To receive the grant money, a copy of the grocery receipt must be submitted following the event. Upon receiving the receipt, the SMP will provide a grant of up to $100 for reimbursement of the smoothie ingredients and sample cups only.
• Any SMP Smoothie Making Station groceries purchased above the $100 grant provided are the responsibility of the school.
• The SMP has the right to reject an application if details provided do not meet outlined criteria or for any other reason with explanation from the SMP.
• One request per year, per school.
Apply using the form below: