Smoothie Making Station Grant
Hosting a health fair?
The School Milk Program wants to help your school celebrate nutrition!
Highlight a powerful bone building snack at your student health fair by including a “Smoothie Making Station”. Here, students can learn and experience how to include milk in a simple, but satisfying snack.
Apply to the School Milk Program to receive up to a $100 grant for your Smoothie Making Station. At this hands-on school staff led station, students will be invited to participate in helping make a smoothie. Samples will be available for all students to try. Only 10 School Milk Program Smoothie Making Station grants are available per year. Requests are considered on a first come first serve basis.
Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email from the School Milk Program. Grant money will only be provided following the event, upon submitting proof of receipt for the smoothie station groceries and sample cups.
• Your school must currently be on the School Milk Program (SMP).
• School must have a student population greater than 100 students. Smaller schools interested in applying, please contact us.
• SMP Smoothie Making Station must be a school based activity (accessible to all students within the school). For classroom smoothie grants please visit https://nuton.ca/program/powerful-bones-mini-grant/
• The smoothie making station experience must include the opportunity for students to be hands on with making the smoothie or have an opportunity to see how the smoothie is made.
•Milk and yogurt must be included in the recipe (an exception is permitted for a dairy free batch for a student(s) who is allergic to dairy. All other batches must include milk and yogurt. Schools are required to notify SMP of any dairy substitutions.). For an example smoothie recipe, click here.
• Grant money may not be used to purchase equipment – only groceries and sampling cups.
• To receive the grant money, a copy of the grocery receipt must be submitted following the event. Upon receiving the receipt, the SMP will provide a grant of up to $100 for reimbursement of the smoothie ingredients and sample cups only.
• Any SMP Smoothie Making Station groceries purchased above the $100 grant provided are the responsibility of the school.
• The SMP has the right to reject an application if details provided do not meet outlined criteria or for any other reason with explanation from the SMP.
• One request per year, per school.
Thank you for your interest in the smoothie station grant. All smoothie grants have been allocated for 2019-20 school year.
As this was our first year offering a smoothie grant we were unsure how many applications to expect. If you were planning to apply for the grant, but got here too late, please let us know by submitting your interest below! We will keep track of the number of schools interested and keep this in mind for next year’s planning.
BONUS! We will also use your information to enter your school for a draw for one (1) additional smoothie grant. Draw will be held May 1, 2020.
Submit your name using the form below: